Together, we are building an unstoppable movement to demand fossil fuel divestment from our colleges and universities and the socially responsible reinvestment of our endowments.
What is F2D2?
Fossil Fuel Divestment Day (aka "F2D2") is on February 13th, 2020 and will be a national distributed day of action for student fossil fuel divestment campaigns!
On February 13th, campus divestment campaigns across the country, along with allies in state pension divestment campaigns and international groups, will take unified action to prove that our movement is bigger than ever. Coordination at this scale is unprecedented in our movement. By acting together, Fossil Fuel Divestment Day will give us the chance to make our voices heard on a global scale.
And we aren’t just going to act on February 13th. F2D2 will mark the beginning of mass escalation for the divestment movement throughout 2020.
SIGN ON HERE to take action with us
and share the Facebook Event!
Our Narrative & Principles
- Our Fossil Fuel Divestment Day Action Toolkit has tons of resources for new and veteran divestment campaigners! Learn how to plan an action, how to gain media coverage, and how to debrief with your team.
- Our Fossil Fuel Divestment Day Social Media Toolkit has social media copy for amplification on the day of action.
- Here is a doc of Frequently Asked Questions for participating in F2D2.
- We've assembled more resources for planning for F2D2 here.
- Fossil Fuel Divestment Day is taking place during Black History Month. Check out these resources for anti-racist climate organizing to ensure your campaign is organizing conscientiously for collective liberation.
- Actions and escalation are exciting, but what comes next? Learn how to maintain momentum after F2D2 with Go Fossil Free's Act, Recruit, Train: Campaigning Strategy guide.
- We also held an F2D2 Prep Movement-wide Call on Tuesday, January 28th with over 35 campaigns attending to share resources, make final preparations before F2D2, and get hyped for what 2020 mass escalation can look like! Go here to access the call slides and recording.
Fossil Fuel Divestment Day isn't a stand-alone event. It is part of a year-long timeline of national escalation for the divestment movement, starting from the September Climate Strikes in 2019 through fall 2020!
To learn more about how divestment campaigns can participate in the Youth Climate Strikes, read here!