Intentional Endowments Network, August 2017
- 45-page resource
- Best for: Helping endowment stakeholders establish a baseline understanding of the key issues related to intentionally designed endowments (i.e. aligning investment practices with institutional mission and values).
- Covers: High level overview of the field of sustainable investing, including a brief history and links to key resources and relevant organizations.
- This can be presented to your trustees as is. According to IEN, "Any non-profit administrator or trustee with fiduciary responsibility or involvement in investment practices should be familiar with these issues."
- Summary of divestment movement (p. 9)
- Summary of the financial argument for divestment (p. 10-12)
Case studies of campuses with "intentionally designed endowments" (starting on p. 16) - Note that not all of these are campuses who have divested. Campuses included with the strongest and most accountable divestment commitments and policies are listed below.
- Hampshire College (p. 16-17)
- Humboldt State (p. 18-19)
- Pitzer College(p. 21-22)
- San Francisco State University (p. 22-23)
University of Dayton (p. 25-26)